Freitag, 17. August 2012

17 August 12 and August Week 2 Review

Today started with a loser, which sucks because it really sets a negative tone for the rest of the session.

Oil was completely range bound the whole session.  I made 3 more trades after the loser, the first two getting stopped out according to my rules by about a tick or two, just for the price to take off.

I don't see anything to change, sometimes that shit just happens.  Usually that strategy saves my ass.

The third trade I was able to get out my first contract, the second one got stopped out at BE, then it rolled out, naturally.

All well, -8.5 ticks still isn't bad considering.  It's less than my average winning day.  This week was tough for everybody from what I hear.  A lot of this I believe has to do with everyone being on vacation.  Hopefully next week will be better.

I don't know if I've posted it before, but my strategy rules are typically as follows:

Initial SL:                               -15
Trigger to Move SL to BE+1:  +10
First Contract Out:                 +12
Second Contract Out:             Reversal Bar or discretionary.

Sometimes I'll deviate for discretionary reasons, but for the most part this is how it goes.

I've considered adjusting this, but for now it's fine where it is.

Stats:
Net Pips: 
-8.5
Trades:  4
Winning Trades: 3
Ticks/Trade:  
-2.13
Win %:  75%  





As for the August Week 2 Review.  Not a good week.  Still minorly profitable after commissions.  Considering yesterday and today were a c*** hair away from being pretty decent winning days, I'm not too upset about it.

Time for the weekend.  Monday's a new week.  Hopefully we can get some volume going.





2 Kommentare:

  1. Pretty much the same story for me this week regarding the "c*** hair" away from successful days. (Mon and Thu were my two near-misses).

    MM

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Haha, that makes me feel a little bit better. I guess misery loves company. Thanks! :P

    AntwortenLöschen